Fisher Party of 6

Fisher Party of 6
This is what life is all about!

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Beginning!

Thanks to a friend I got the idea to start blogging about my life as a new mommy. I will try and keep on top of this as much as I can. I want to blog about every little thing Kayeleigh does. Life as a new mom is amazing!
3 years ago hubby and I started trying to have a baby. After months of trying and having no luck we went to a fertility doctor to find out what was wrong with us. After months of pills and BIG $$ later the doctor told me it was due to my weight. I was devastated! But at least it was something I could control. So after that I went through the process to have gastric bypass.
On March 26, 2009 I had the surgery! Wow what a fast process that to get the surgery done! I did have self inflicted complications with the surgery. I got dehydrated to the point I went back into the hospital for 3 days to be pumped full of fluids and potassium. As bad as it might sounds I really think I had to go through that process to show myself what this could do to me. After getting out I have been a completely new person! I have now lost 137lbs and have had my first child!
8 months after surgery we found out I was pregnant! Boy was I in shock and scared! I wasn't sure what was going to happen since they strongly recommend you don't get pregnant for at least 1 year after surgery. I went to my bypass doctor and he was ok with it since I had already lost majority of my weight at that point.
On January 6, 2010 we went to my ob for our first ultrasound. I absolutely love my ob doctor and nurse! He sat and talked to me for over an hour just explaining the process and what I had to look forward to through my pregnancy. I have never had a doctor take that much time with me and really make me feel like he cared for my well being.