Fisher Party of 6

Fisher Party of 6
This is what life is all about!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Delivery!

From day one of finding out I was pregnant I said I wanted to have a natural no drugs birth. I was set that's how I was going to do it!
On July 24 @ 1:30am I started having contractions that where 2-3 mins apart but not painful. I woke Joey up and told him what I was feeling and he said lets go to the hospital. I got in the shower took my time to see if the contractions would get stronger. I got out of the shower and we where off to the hospital. They checked me in and put the monitors on me and said that I was in active labor. After 2 hours of monitoring and be checked they sent me home. My contractions stopped and I was only 2 centimeters dilated. All weekend long I was having contractions but nothing consistent and nothing painful. Tuesday night around 11:00pm my contractions started up again but this time with some discomfort. Nothing to painful just a little strong then they had been. Again I woke Joey up and got in the shower. Around 1:00am we made it to the hospital with full on contractions with pain. They hooked me up to monitors and again said I was in active labor but I wasn't dilated to a 4 yet. They had me wake for an hour to see if it would be progress me. After that hour they checked me again and said I was at a 4 and my bag was bulging so they admitted me.
At around 8:30am my contractions where so painful I started hyperventilating and could not catch my breath. Joey asked me if I wanted to get the epidural. I thought about it and decided I would so I could enjoy my delivery. After having the epidural done it was like a new world. I could actual have a conversation and just enjoy the moment. My nurse Susan was amazing! She came on her shift at 7:00am and told me I would have my baby by 2:00pm that afternoon. I looked at her like she was crazy but I was game to be Kayeleigh out by 2. She was very attentive to me anytime she would see my contractions slowing down she would up my pitocin and keep me progressing nicely. At around 1:30pm she came in to check me and said I was fully dilated. It was time to push! At 1:59pm Kayeleigh Hazel Fisher was born weight 7lbs 3oz 21inches long! She was absolutely beautiful!